Saturday, April 4, 2009

Internet Safety Talk

I talked to my sister and her best friend Becca. They thought I was so weird for even talking to them about internet safety but they wanted to help me out. I told them the stories about the girl who met someone in the chat room and went to visit him. I asked them if they have ever been in chat rooms, they said they did when they were in middle school. I told them to be careful and never give out information about themselves. They told me about their experiences online and asked me what I thought of it. It was a really great discussion. They told me that they were glad that I told them these things. My sister said she will never talk to anyone that she doesn't know. I think I freaked her out a bit. Becca said that she will be careful, but she still might talk to people that she did not know. She said that she has met some great friends. I told her to be aware because you never know who you are talking to online, the people that they say they are might really be someone completely different. They had a good time talking to someone who was older and wiser :) and hearing about internet safety. I'm glad I was able to talk to both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment