Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Internet Safety Questions

1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?
An Ensign to the World, A Light to the Nations - Gordon B. Hinckley

2. What were the most important things you learned from the readings?
That temptation is everywhere, in entertainment, on the Internet, in the movies, on television, in cheap literature, and in other ways. Peer pressure he said may be the most overpowering . My favorite quote that he said was, "you must take the long look ahead rather than succumbing to the present seductive temptation."

We need to be careful about the entertainers in our life, many youth of our think of them highly. These artists, grow rich from high admission prices, even when their songs are suggestive.

He also mention pornography and said that it can enslave and destroy you. Pretty much, the sanctity of sex is utterly destroyed in its salacious portrayal in the media. That which by its nature is inherently beautiful is corrupted in its popular presentation.

3. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?
I am more weary of media. I hate how temptation is everywhere, but it is. It seems like no place is safe. I will make sure that my children and students are aware of the things that can happen. I will need to teach internet safety, media safety, and such.

4. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?
I will encourage family and friends to not support bad media such as artists who have suggestive songs and not watch movies or tv shows that are suggestive.

No comments:

Post a Comment