Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Classroom Technology Inventory

I was amazed at how many computers Cherry Hill Elementary in the Alpine School District owned. The school is very run down and looks very old on the outside and on the inside. What isn't new about the school is it's technology. Every teacher is provided with their own Mac laptops and there are 42 Mac computers available in the computer lab. All teachers have a TV, overhead projector, and cd player. They are able to check out video cameras, cameras, and computer projectors.

I am in a first grade classroom and there are two computers in the classroom. My teacher has students rotate on the computers during the literacy hour of the day. Students get so excited to be able to get to use the computers, it is their favorite part of the day. My teacher uses her lap top computer for taking attendance and she has created many PowerPoint slide shows to teach her students about certain topics in the curriculum. I hope I will be able to utilize the technology we have available at Cherry Hill so I can be a computer savvy teacher and be able to teach some cool things using technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment