Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0 tools

I learned what RSS and Web 2.0 tools are today!

RSS- is a way to direct regularly changing site information to a single place, like a blog or gmail or other places! So, instead of searching all over the internet for the weather, the news, so-and-so's new blog post, or the most recent thing happening at BYU, I can have it all come to my blog! This means, you don't have to deal with lots annoying emails or spending lots of time locating each site. HOW COOL! As an educator, I will be able to view newsletters that my school might update and I will be able to view it as soon as it is updated if they have an RSS link linked to it.

Web 2.0- Web 2.0 websites allow users to do more than just retrieve information. 2.0 enhances the web for one's own creativity, communications, sharing, and functionality of the world wide web.Take facebook for example, you can add photos, change your status, write comments, etc. It's an interactive website, made for the purpose of your own social and communications usage! 2.0 is a beautiful thing that has improved the web and made it an amazing place where we can all stay connected and "be involved" on the internet. As an educator, 2.0 is great because all teachers can post what kinds of lessons they have done in the past on websites, and by searching I could find lessons that have worked and be able to get ideas and also tell teachers about things that have worked for me.

1 comment: